Loyal Link Innovations (also referred to as LLI) values and respects the privacy of everyone who visits WWW.LOYALLINKINNOVATIONS.COM ("its site") and with whom we engage during the course of our legitimate business interests as a market research company. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We process your personal data in accordance with Uganda Data Protection laws, and have suitable physical, electronic, security and managerial procedures in place to safeguard your data.
1. Personal Data Collected
The following types of personal data is collected by LLI:
- Personal data we receive from our subcontractors such as recruiters which will include information such as your name, occupation, age, gender and ID number
- Sensitive personal data required for the performance of certain market research projects such as: race / ethnic background, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, sexual life, income information. You will be provided with information as to the reason this data is collected, and your participation is always optional
- Other personal information as required to achieve the requirements of the market research project e.g. children status etc.
- Information on what you view when accessing our websites, technical information about the devices you used to access our websites
- The time, date, location and topic of the market research project you participated in.
2. How personal data is used
Our use of your personal data will always be on a lawful basis and for our legitimate business purposes. Ways in which your personal data may be used is as follows:
- For market research purposes
- Improving our products and services
- For internal monitoring and training purposes
- For recruitment purposes where you have applied for a position with us, including to contact you to discuss the role further
- Supplying our products and services to you
- To advise you of any changes to our services and websites
- To correspond with you regarding any comments, questions or issues you have contacted us about. We may need to share your personal information, including recordings of telephone calls, with our clients in order to address any dispute or complaint that you (or they) raise about how we conducted the research on their behalf (only applicable to specific types of research)
- To ensure that we maintain administrative and statutory records about our business with regard to LLI requirements (applicable to full time staff only)
- To ensure that you can safely access its websites and utilize the features of its websites optimally
- To ensure you receive what is due to you in terms of incentivisation for participation in market research (where applicable)
- To enter into a contract with you
- To notify you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- To protect your and our business from potential criminal behavior, including fraud
- To provide you with its website details
- To respond to social media posts or other public comments you may make, directly or indirectly to us
- Where you have taken part in market research, to retain your personal data to verify that you have not exceeded attendance levels as recommended by the Codes of Conduct
3. Ways in which personal data is collected
LLI collects personal data through the following methods:
- From our fieldworkers and recruiters who have recruited you to take part in market research projects
- Through paper forms you have completed, emails, SMSs or WhatsApps that you have sent us, or we have sent you
- During our face to face or telephonic conversations with you
- Via messages you send us directly through social media
- Using information about you from other organisations where you have given consent for your information to be shared with us, or organisations like us, and where other organisations can lawfully share information about you with us
4. Sharing of personal data
We will never sell, share or rent your personal data without your prior consent.
Subject to certain exceptions (where your express permission will be obtained in advance) the data you provide us will not be passed on to third parties. In particular, your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
However, we may use service providers for the operation of its websites or for the performance of duties in relation to our business products as we do recruit individuals to participate in market research on behalf of third parties. In this case, a service provider may be provided with your personal data as it is core to our business operations to share certain personal information with them in order for us to properly perform our duties.
We carefully select our service providers who uphold the standards and principles of the Associations we are members of, with a specific emphasis on data protection and data security standards. These service providers take all measures required under the data protection laws for permissible data processing.
Additionally, your information may be shared with third parties such as:
- Companies / clients who have commissioned the market research that you take part in. We may need to share your name, contact details and your responses to the market research, but only after obtaining your consent
- Rewards companies in order for you to receive incentives
- Professional advisors such as lawyers and consultants when they need to give professional advice
- The police, local authorities or government (but only when lawful)
- Other people who make a ‘subject access request’, where we are allowed to provide your personal data by law.
Note: Market Quantification volume and value information will not be shared at any time.
5. International transfer of personal information
LLI is based in Uganda, but we do from time to time, conduct research on behalf of clients locally and internationally where personal data may be collected.
LLI will not transfer personal data to clients without your consent, and will obtain your express permission for transfer of your data to a client who is not located in Uganda.
6. Period of data retention
LLI only stores your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve our business purposes, or as stipulated by the various storage periods provided by our Associations and Law.
After the respective purpose or expiry of these periods, the corresponding data will be blocked or deleted as a matter of routine and in accordance with statutory regulations.
7. Your rights with regards to your personal data
You have the following rights about the processing of your personal data:
- The right to have access your data and any supplementary information. You can request details about the details of the personal data we have about you by requesting this in writing to email@example.com. Certain conditions and exclusions apply to this right
- Should you consider your personal data to be incorrect, you may request for it to be corrected and rectified
- You have the right to have your personal data erased if the personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed for.
- If you originally gave consent for your data to be collected and held, you can withdraw your consent
- Where lawful to do so, we may not comply with certain enquiries or requests. Examples of this are if we have reason to believe the request could be harmful to others, is malicious, technically impossible, or involves a disproportionate amount of effort
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Under certain circumstances, you can request the restriction or suppression of processing your personal data.
8. LLI website
9. Data we collect
We automatically collect certain information about your device through log files, including information about your:
- Cookies installed on your device
- Date and Time Stamps
- Internet Service Provider
- IP Address
- Time Zone
- Web browser
As you browse its websites, we use web beacons, tags and pixels to collect information about how you browse the site such as:
- The individual web pages or products that you view
- What websites or search terms referred you to our websites
- Information about how you interact with our websites
Additionally, we may also collect personal data that you submit to us such as your name, telephone number and e-mail address when contact us through its websites.
10. Use of device information
Unless you have specifically consented to or opted-in to another method of use of your personal data, we may use and disclose your personal data for the following reasons:
- To respond to requests you make to us e.g. provision of services, participation in activities
- To investigate suspected fraudulent activity related to its websites or violation of another party’s rights
- To respond to government authorities where required by law upon receipt of duly authorised information requests e.g. a search warrant
LLI uses Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our websites. To read more about how google uses your personal data, please refer to: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
11. Data security
LLI has put reasonable physical, electronic and administrative procedures in place to safeguard the personal information we collect. Only authorised employees have access to your data in order to perform their duties. However despite all the reasonable measures in place to protect your data from unauthorised access (e.g. hackers), we cannot fully guarantee this, and your use of our services demonstrates your assumption of that risk.
12. Age policy (minors)
This site is not directed at or intended for use by individuals under 18 years of age and we have no intention of collecting data from young people. If we become aware that information from a child under the age of 18 has been collected without parental or guardian consent, all reasonable efforts to delete such information will be taken.
13. Social media / third party plugins
LLI’s websites contain links to third party websites that provide more information about LLI that we believe offers useful information:
Social Media Third Party Website links contained in our website include:
The corresponding icons associated with these social media providers work as external links, so that no information is transferred to one of these providers without clicking on one of the icons.
By clicking on one of these links, you will be redirected to the website of the respective provider. The URL of the current page is passed as a parameter. LLI does not control these websites and we are not responsible for information you post or comments you make on these sites. LLI recommends that you review the privacy policies on the social media platforms you use before making remarks or observations in order to fully understand how your information will be used, what information related to you will be in the public domain, and how you can stop or prevent this from occurring.
We remind you that any comments made about LLI, its products or services on any online platform or community will be shared with the members of that platform or community, and may furthermore be accessible by the general public. Extra care should be taken to ensure that any comments made on these platforms are not insulting, offensive or defamatory.
14. Communication by mail
If you provide us with your email address, we may communicate with you by email. We will not pass on your email address to any third parties without your consent. When sending an email to LLI, personal data can be transmitted automatically depending on the settings of your email programme. LLI will also treat this information confidentially. However, an email without encryption can potentially be read by unauthorised persons and we encourage you to ensure that confidential information is exchanged with us as an encrypted email attachment.
Some of the emails LLI sends you may contain a web beacon pixel or tracked links which allows LLI to identify when you have opened the email, and to verify which links in the email you have accessed. We use this data to determine what information in our emails is of most interest to you. You are able to delete the pixel by deleting the email.
If you do not wish to download the pixel to your computer or other device, or you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Start with a small service
If you contact us at our office by phone, or we contact you from our offices by phone, a recording of the call will be made for quality control purposes. Your telephone number will be shown on the displays of the telephone and stored in our telephone system for a maximum period of 24 months.
17. How you can contact us
Phone: +256392951605, +256392951605
Physical address: Plot 1271 Naalya Rd. Kampala, Uganda